Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Brand New Day! (Let #4 officially begin!)

I love being a labor nurse...love it with all of my being. But, I love being a wife and mommy so much more. The Lord has put in my heart the desire to spend as much time as possible with my family. So, we have prayed and prayed for the time (and finances) to be right for me to reduce my hours at work.  And, I am abundantly grateful to announce that starting this week, that is a reality!!!  I am officially a "part time" employee!! And full time mom!

Of course, God in His sovereignty, knew the bigger picture before I did!  In January, we began the proccess of being licenced to adopt through the Texas foster system.  A few weeks ago, we found out about 2 precious boys who need a forever home, and last week we found out that He has chosen us to be that family. In perfect God-affirming timing, the approval for my PRN status at work came through literally days before the phone call came telling us about the boys. God is amazing!!  And here's the "kicker"...adoption wasn't really on my radar when "The List" was created. Going part-time was included just because I felt "called" to home. Boy, did God have a different vision for our "home" than I did!!

Bring on the new adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment